Thursday 30 October 2014

NORMAL...WHAT'S NORMAL?!

So the madness of the ALEX show and the aftermath that ensued has now died down and we can all get back to a bit of normality…or so you would think!

I predominantly manage the retail and development side of the business and I have a great team of auto locksmiths and administration staff that help me. We are like one big family really and the 3D Autokeys family has just got a little bit bigger! Lee, one of our locksmiths and his wife Holly have just welcomed baby Phoebe into the world. She came a little bit earlier than expected but mum and baby are doing really well and Phoebe is beautiful.

Phoebe’s early arrival meant that Lee understandably went on paternity leave a little earlier than expected but in true 3D style we all pulled together. This meant that I was able to go back out on the road as an auto locksmith which is what I enjoy doing the most, serving customers, testing new products and topping up my experience.


Back in the early days of 3D Group I was the only mobile auto locksmith we had and I would be out in my converted Smart Car serving the good people of Nottingham which is why our old logo included the smart car image. How things have changed! We now have 4 fully kitted out vans and 5 auto locksmiths working for us.

Meanwhile back in the office, retail admin assistant Kelly has braved the Stoptober challenge. If you have never heard of this, it is where you have to quit smoking for the month of October (and beyond ideally). As I write this, it is now the 30th October and Kelly has done really well. Despite it being a busy and stressful month in the office she has managed to go the whole of October without a cigarette and without any major mood swings! We are all really proud of her and we hope she can keep it up.

Obviously with me being out of the office on the road it has meant that the new products which have successfully passed our testing procedures have been sat on my desk waiting patiently to be uploaded to our website. So now that Lee is back I’ve spent this last week adding loads of new genuine Toyota remotes, Lexus remotes, a Smart car remote & Mini CAS remote to the website. All of these are now live and ready to purchase.

Dean and I are off to meet with suppliers to discuss some potential new product lines to add to our lock range this week and we will be able to give you an update of this in our next blog post. Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment